Starbucks: How I Love Thee


A week ago, on March 8, 2011, the one and only Starbucks turned 40. Happy (belated) Birthday! Through my search at Shape I came across this article telling readers about five caloric ball busters served at this oh-so-wonderful establishment. {You can also read about them here.} The tasty treats mentioned here weren't what caught my eye, but the fact that Starbucks is, indeed, rocking a new logo. Maybe this is old news to some. And I'm sorry for being repetitive to you. But over here in Denmark this is not news. There are no Starbucks in Denmark, unless you count the Copenhagen airport (which I don't because I've never been there), and Hamburg, Germany is about 2 hours away. I can't justify that kind of a drive for coffee. Actually I can, Matt can't. I digress ... the logo. I took this opportunity to visit the website and see what more I could learn about what is going on here.



You can learn more about the "Siren" and the reasons behind the change in design if you do just a bit of searching. Or let me do it for you: A Look at the Future of Starbucks. I watched this video. Multiple times to be honest. I'm a marketing person, I like this stuff. Howard Schultz, CEO, explains it perfectly from the start. It's an "evolution" of the logo. Just like there has been an evolution in their products. It allows them to be recognizable on so many more levels than just coffee. It allows them to "evolve". And isn't that what every company needs to do? Personally, I'm going to agree with some of the focus groups and say There is something slightly off initially. But I think it will just take some getting used to. However, it's still recognizable to the brand, and it doesn't limit them. This will be sustainable over the next 40 years of growth in an already enormous brand.

Make it simple. Make it memorable.
- Leo Burnett
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online