... Die. Here We Go!

Unfortunately this hockey season has not turned out the way we planned. We were happy to spend our days in Denmark until late April. We wanted to take home a weird, little Gold Helmet. It was all within our reach - for the entire season. Then something happened. It doesn't matter how good you're playing, if your defense is almost unstoppable, your goalie has almost 100% save percentage, your forwards are almost scoring 30 times a game. Almost just won't get you where you need to be. So despite how well our guys played this series, outplaying the opposition every game, we just could not get the puck in the back of the net.

 

You know what this means ... we're heading home! We briefly, very briefly, discussed the options of staying for a bit. Maybe do some traveling to some place awesome and warm but I don't think that's going to be on our agenda right now. We have tickets to a Toronto Rock game on the 8th with his brothers (Notice it's the brothers and me? I'm like the 4th kid now. That's fun!).  We can be home for Easter! Lucy can get those dreadful claws taken out sooner than later. We can see our families, friends, people we don't want to see but sort of have to, don't ask me who I'm talking about because I won't tell you. We can start paying massive amounts of money for gas since we'll be traveling from Cincinnati to Niagara Falls so often this summer. Oh, and we get to start finishing our wedding planning. Start finishing - that just sounds weird. Matt has asked me to start a list of all these things we need to do once we're back. Mostly wedding things, but everyday things as well. I told him I can remember all this on my own, or why doesn't he help remember? But he wants the list, so here is a start:
  1. Go to Jeweler so he can make our wedding bands. My engagement ring is sort of different so I need something very specific to match. Which means another custom-made ring, ASAP!
  2. I have meetings to set up in Niagara for HP4K. I will link to this site every single time I mention it. So just visit the thing already!
  3. Get invitations together. Make sure design is complete, gather all paper materials, print, cut, copy, paste, tape, stuff, mail ... I'm not sure all that has to happen but it sounded good.
  4. Reception tasting, pricing and layout of the room need to be decided very soon as well.
  5. Buy my shoes!
  6. Get my dress to the alterations lady. This thing was bought off-the-rack and needs to be taken in. A. Lot.
  7. Get cell phones. That's right. No phone numbers for us the first bit we're in town. That's because Canada sucks for cell phone plans. No way I'm paying that much for one.
Okay, that's just a start. But I wanted to get it down so Matt knows I pay attention (sometimes).

I just took about a 10 minute hiatus from this blog post. My significant other walked through the door and said that "If there's anything in this world you could do today, and look back on it and say 'This is why I married you' what would it be?" Umm, what? "One day you'll be able to say 'Denmark was awesome, Matty was hot, and I did this'" Seriously, what? This went on for a little bit. Until he told me I had to wear Roots clothes, he was wearing his Toronto Blue Jays t-shirt, and I was shaving Canada into the back of Gooie's head. What Canadian is in town? I guessed - baseball? No. Junior hockey? No. Soccer? No. (Why would Canadian soccer be here? He says.) Well I give up. What is it?



Curling?  Heaven help me. He knows how I feel about curling. I'll just leave it at that. But apparently we could get on TSN. I think I'll paint U.S.A. on my forehead. Support the best country in the world. You know. I'll let you know how it goes.

Finally, I saw this on Facebook this morning. In Toronto they held a fashion show for the Heart and Stroke Foundation featuring Canadian celebrities (This is partly why some of them are unrecognizable! Ok, sorry I just love taking jabs at Canada.) One of my best friends lost her daddy this year to a heart attack so this is special to us. I've picked my favorite look from the show for you to see here. I hope everyone will take the time to at least check out the site, the Facebook page, and do everything they can to ensure heart health, and general health, for all their loved ones. Awareness is the first step to making a difference.




Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online