Now Both of Us Have Gotten a Name Change!

Many of you may be surprised that Nikki's legal name has never been Nicole... until now. For those new to this blog, no - Nikki is not a transsexual. And no, we didn't get married. This is one of those old-fashioned "I hate my name" name changes, coupled with a removal of her married name due to divorce.

Nikki has hated her given first name for as back as she can remember. Part of the reason for this was due to her abusive mother screaming that name nonstop during her childhood. That, and the fact that her mother named her after a song which talks about her making a husband happy. Ick. Nikki is very much a lesbian, and in the past, she did try to make her husband happy (even though she didn't find him attractive in the least), only to be repaid with abuse of almost every kind there is. No, I'm not telling you her old name. I'm not even allowed to say it!

Her middle name was Nicole. It's now her first name.


Her former surname is one I won't reveal either, same as I don't speak of my old name. Suffice to say, it was her married name. Since she's been divorced for over two years, it's high time she got rid of that old name. Now her last name is the same as mine. (I identify myself only as "Amy K" on this blog, due to a couple stalkers/harassers who somehow summoned up enough intelligence to type my name into a search engine. Just look at the Facebook badge on the right to see my name.)


Nikki was so worried that the judge wouldn't grant her name change for some reason. She had no problem at all. She was in the courtroom for about 15 minutes, while I watched Skylar in the hallway. Then we went downstairs and she got her certified copy of the name change order. We then headed to the Social Security office, and we saw many of the people who we saw in the courtroom. Next week, she'll get her license changed, which will only cost four dollars. That was way cheaper than we expected.


Nicole means "victory of the people." Our last name means "heart" in German. Put them together... let's see... Victorious Heart. I like it!


Nikki has a profound sense of freedom now. She's finally free of the first name that's plagued her since childhood, and the surname that's followed her around for over ten years. I'm so happy for my sweetie. Go, Nikki!
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online