Merry Meet

One of my previous posts is one regarding transsexual discrimination in a certain tradition of Wicca. I posted this on a bunch of people's Facebook walls, as well as a handful of Wiccan groups. I made a lot of new friends, and encountered such a staggering array of support in just two days. No transgender meeting I've ever been to was even half this supportive and understanding. "Something good always comes out of something bad."

I want to thank my new friends for all their love and acceptance. It really means so much to me. I hope I meet some witches that are anywhere near as nice as all of you.

Here are some of the things that these wonderful people had to say. Keep in mind that, to my knowledge, none of them are transsexual.

"I read your blog about Z and her tradition excluding you and those like you and that bothered me a lot. The use of the term "Natural Born" is now out of my vocabulary completely. After reading your blog today I found you to be an interesting, intelligent woman with a lot of heart!"

"I am somewhat new to all this and never realized there was so much prejudice in Wicca. It reminds me of my Catholic upbringing. Live your life the way you are meant to. You are loved....."


"Amy,you are a beautyful woman..BB ♥"

"Dear Amy, let me tell you how special and wise you are. within one body the blessings of the goddess has intended for you to share the duality of our divinity, not only on the physical context, but the self. your mission is so special, you are more than alive, you are two worlds in one that shares the intensity of our divinity. A divinity not everyone has the blessings to have seen, felt or expressed. this is a neopagan view, the one that can grasp freedom, love and acceptance, with awareness of a diverse and vast group of beings that in its own way are special. the modern concept of a new generation that is evolving its level of consciousness, a strong healing force, for our ever changing world. Amy you are a goddess with unique power, wisdom, and beauty. Blessings my dear sister, enjoy the new moon."


"Change the world my dearest Goddess. You have the power to do it, and people ARE listening. Don't let the negativity get you down. Focus on all the positive energy, and use that power. Blessed be."


"I've been thinking a lot about this, and I find it quite odd, because the human body is just a vessel for this life time, who has the right to say what my spirit is based on physical form, think about it does a handicapped person have a handicapped spirit? No way. The more I think about it the more I feel the goddess has done this to test peoples openess and other peoples confidence and resolve to overcome physical means."

"The Dianic trad is a female only path, but transgenders are female. It takes more than an uterus and menstruation to be a woman, just as it takes more than a penis and testes to be male...what of those that have chromosomal variances, (Turner's Syndrome) or those that are chromosomally female (46XX), but because of a relatively common enzyme deficiency, may appear to be males at birth (Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia), or other conditions that affect gender... and it is insulting when someone says "natural women" or the "they chose to be a woman". Most, through no fault of their own, were born women with male packaging!"


"I love you no matter what. Blessed Be!"

"Can I just say that MtF do NOT "choose" to be female. You really think they would CHOOSE to be in a body of the wrong gender? They would choose the discrimination? The surgery? It's like saying homosexuals choose to by gay! We are ALL conceived female, only during pregnancy does the level of hormones dictate if we stay female or go on to develop into boys. Ever wonder why guys have nipples? I understand that some want women only in their gatherings but who's to say who is & isn't a woman? Is a woman who has undergone a hysterectomy, or never had a menstrual cycle still a woman? What about hermaphrodites? Do these coven members work in the gender reassignment field of the medical world & therefore able to say who is & isn't a woman?"

"Sex and gender are different things. Without going too deep, because this is an extensive topic, SEX is determined by genes/physical appeareance. GENDER is mental, it's a role with which one identifies. Transwomen are born with male bodies but as has been said above, they are mentally, emotionally and psychologically FEMALE. They identify as women, from early childhood, and suffer a lot from having the wrong body. Depending on when they start transition, they may or may not experience some of the changes that biological women do during puberty. If Dianic Wicca wants to focus on bodily functions such as menstruation, childbirth, etc. does it mean women who have no periods or cannot have children are also excluded from it? Transwomen ARE women, not men wanting to join a Dianic coven. They should investigate more about this. It really saddens me that such ignorance still exists :("


 "Male parts. Female parts. It's all just biology. The goddess loves our spirit not what's between our legs."

"All the best Amy with your upcoming journeys - personally, I reckon the Lord and Lady have found a wonderful person in you to show true balance."


"Hi Amy, I enjoyed your blog and am glad that you stood up for yourself & all Transsexuals. I knew someone who was MtF, a really great woman. On one occasion, I overheard some women in a coven trying to decide if they should let her join in a ritual. One woman said no because "she could still feel masculine energy coming from her". What b.s.! I was very surprised that this would even be an issue, but like you said, prejudice is prevalent in all religions. Needless to say, that coven disbanded on some very ugly notes. It's very sad to encounter these attitudes, especially in Wicca. Anyway, good luck to you & Blessed be! :-)"

I feel so fortunate to have come across such wonderful people. I am very pleased and humbled by all the things they have said. Merry Meet to all my new friends!


Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online