One Day to Go!

Less than a day, actually. As I write this, it's about 10:30 PM, and we're going to be leaving at, I guess, 7 or 8 in the morning. That's right, we're moving to Arizona, baby! I'm so excited!

The rental truck (a 16 footer) is packed to the max. I had so much trouble fitting everything in there, and... well, not everything did fit. We had to get rid of a bookcase, a dresser, and one chair. Yes, there was not enough room to just squeeze a chair in! I guess we needed a bigger truck. We moved the beds into the truck also, because well... we had to. They slid in just enough, and then we put boxes and bags on top of them.



It was so hot yesterday, and I was working so hard, that I needed water every 15 minutes or so. I was sweating profusely, had a headache, and felt like I just couldn't cool down. I wasn't tired until about three hours of work. Lifting, pulling, pushing. I have pretty good endurance, I guess, but it eventually began to run out. Nikki moved the truck back, and we made dinner. I laid down for a bit. I was supposed to get more boxes, but I just couldn't get up.

We got the boxes the next morning (this morning). Nikki was boosting me up, so I could reach inside dumpsters to get boxes from them. Ha ha! I refilled my hormone meds, and then we went back to packing the truck. All the stuff had fallen over from just driving it around the corner the night before. That, and I had to remove the bookcase and dresser, so we could fit other things we just needed more.


There isn't much more to tell, other than we thought we lost one of our cats, Midnight. The cats had been locked in the bathroom all day so we could leave the front door open. We let them out of there (and closed the front door, of course) once most of the stuff was packed into the truck. But we didn't tell the kids that, since they were outside somewhere at the time. We came back and the kids were in the apartment, and they couldn't find Midnight. The kids went out calling her, and holding catfood. I wasn't really upset at first, just worried. I had a strong sense that she was still in the apartment. I went out later to look for her, when it was almost nightfall. I started alternating between crying and calling her. She's our calm, loving kitty. What would we do without her? We went inside, and she was sitting on a desk (that we're leaving behind) just looking at us. Nikki and the kids started yelling and wailing. So she ran, frightened by all the noise, but they were trying to catch her. It was pretty darn funny!

I'll go for now. This will be my last unscheduled entry for awhile. Please feel free to leave comments, but they won't be accepted and replied to for a number of days. We'll arrive in Tucson on May 31st, but since it's a holiday (Memorial Day), we won't be able to move in until June 1st. Then, you know, moving 100 things (or so) back out of the truck. I'm so excited though. I can't wait to see our new place. I hope I get hired somewhere quickly!
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online