Lithotripsy (Blast From the Past Entry)

Before I start this, I mentioned in the last entry that we're leaving Michigan in 18 days. It's actually 18 days today. We leave on the morning of the 28th. I'm going to be counting down starting tomorrow. Yes, you'll get a blog entry from me every day until I leave. Animal House: "Isn't this great?!?"

I don't feel that this is a very interesting entry, but then it was a big thing for me at the time. I do want to finish these "blasts from the pasts" before we move to Arizona. New beginning, leave the past where it is and all that (as much as I can anyway).

Back in August of `02, I was hospitalized for four days. I had colitis and a kidney stone. Double trouble! They said the colitis was likely caused by stress. Well, let's see: A month ago, I was separated from the mother of my child... and my child. The six months previous to that was absolute HELL, caused by the mother of my child. Then guess what? Said mother heard I was in the hospital and wanted to come see me. I almost dropped the phone laughing. Then I told her that she was most probably the cause of my illness. She hung up. Anyway, I had a stent inserted between my bladder and kidney, since the passage was blocked by the stone. I had a colonoscopy done to fix the colitis.

This entry is the aftermath. The stent was in for two whole months until I could finally get this procedure done, described below. I mention "duplex mode." It was my own name for wearing women's clothes and makeup, etc... yet maybe having short hair, and usually no coverup of shadow and such. I was pretty bold back then, and much closer to a gender noncomformist than I am now. Now I prefer to look as girly as possible, in case you haven't guessed.  ;)




October 28, 2002 - Lithotripsy
----------------------------------

Today I had to have a lithotripsy done, which is an operation where they put you under general anesthesia and you lay on a table that delivers soundwaves into your body. This was to break up a kidney stone that I found out I had two months ago. I went in duplex mode, wearing my usual makeup and cute girly clothes, and purple nail polish. Vanessa drove me there and left, and was going to come back to pick me up when I was done.


I had to put on a hospital gown, and they put in a I.V., and they soon took an x-ray of the stone. Soon after, they had me lay on that table with an oily, cold gel pack underneath my lower back, which helps conduct the soundwaves. The anesthesiologist saw my nail polish and said that there may be some problem with the pulse monitor, which clips onto your finger. He said that bluish colors tend to confuse the signal, and the purple color on my fingernails might do just that. He was going to clip it on my toenails, but I had the same color nail polish on my toes! But he tried it, and it did work. He was asking me if I was wearing it for a Halloween party from the weekend. I told him that I had indeed gone to a party (see this entry), but that I also wear it anytime just because I like it. Soon after that, I was unconscious.


When I came to, they told me that the stone was crushed into a fine powder. They gave me a strainer to strain my urine, and an attached cup to collect the fragments in, so that they could analyze them. Vanessa picked me up, and I spent the day over her house, and slept over. The operation was a success. :)
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online