It's a Country Summer

There is something about the sunshine, warm weather, slight breeze, and ice cold beer that makes the summer so perfect for country music.

I remember waking up as a kid on Saturday mornings and, instead of cartoons, my mom was blaring CMT or GAC while cleaning the house. Back then it was Vince Gill, Dwight Yokum, George Strait, Alan Jackson, John Michael Montgomery and Martina McBride. Funny that some of these guys are still kicking around. It just goes to show, there's something about the loyalty and love of country music that fans can push their favorite artists into decades of fame.

I love taking in a country concert every summer. They are honestly some of the best nights, ever. In the past month we have already attended two:

Tim McGraw in Cincinnati in the outdoor stadium. Lawn seats are a must. Grab some beers and dance and sing-a-long with your friends. We may not have been in a spot where we could see Tim up-close but he looked dayum good on the jumbotron. He's quite the looker. We even saw his opening acts - The Band Perry and Luke Bryan - who are unbelievable as well. It was quite the good time!


After Tim I was dying to go see me some Keith Urban. He might be my favorite right now. Three years ago that was the first concert Matt and I went to together at US Bank Arena (where he used to play for the Cyclones). We were lucky enough to be given a suite through the team - which was later taken away from us. We saw Taylor Swift as Keith's opening act and then she decided she wanted our box so we were asked to leave. Brat. Either way the main event was way better than I could have ever imagined. Keith Urban is unbelievable in concert and this year he did not disappoint again.

Matt has decided that Keith is more of a rocker than a country boy with the way he can play that guitar. I don't care what you call him, as long as it's awesome. Jake Owen opened for Keith this year and even he was great. Barefoot, Blue Jean Night? Great concert song. If only I could have gotten down to the main floor. We had a suite again and I missed out on my chance to high-five Keith on his many walks right through the crowd. Bugger.

P.S. This is Keith in Cincinnati this year - no joke - this could have been me!!!!!


To continue this long, hot, summer of concerts (like the Keith Urban reference?) Matt and I were asked to join his little brother in Toronto for yet another country concert. Back to see the first man I ever saw in concert ... Kenny Chesney, Billy Currington and Darius Rucker ... HERE WE COME! In just under three hours we will be driving our way up to TO to see this show and I'm pumped. Who doesn't love them some Kenny? Billy Currington, you have stolen my heart lately with your music and I will sing louder than anyone else in the Air Canada Centre tonight just in case you want to pull me up on stage just like Keith did. I'll sing with you (and possibly throw in that I'm American while I'm up there).



Tonight will be a great night!
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online