The Beggining of the End

If only my luggage were this vintage and fantastic.

Today began our first day of packing in what will turn into a two week long adventure of sorting through ... well ... everything! We are heading to Canada. That's right. We'll spend a two week long stint in the Great White North before Matt has to head to Italy for a solid eight months. Summer has almost come to an end. {I will be coming home when he leaves, spending a few weeks doing God-knows-what, then heading over myself after my high school best friend gets married!!}

So what does this mean? Packing. If you're a regular of a "Hockey Wife" blog, I'm sure you're reading so much about the challenges and pitfalls of stuffing your life into about four bags right about now. It's madness. Pure chaos.

What do you take with you for eight months? What can be left behind? Should you try to pack toiletries and take up that extra space because they're so much less expensive in North America? Can all my shit really stay under 50 pounds?

I am finding myself to be in a very great position though. Less stressful I venture to say. We're only packing for one right now. Throw a few extra essentials in the bags and you're good to go. The boys are easy. Skates, some blades, t-shirts, gym shoes ("runners" for you Canadians), hair gel, and - where we're going - big ol' winter boots. He'll be good to go in 20 minutes. These next two weeks he'll live out of a suitcase. But what does he care? He's a guy.

At the end of September my packing may take a bit longer but I don't have to organize any of his stuff along with mine. Let's be honest, we women are the ones who have it all in order. So being down to one person at a time? Heaven sent. Three weeks away from my new husband? Not cool. But that's a totally different story. In the three weeks we're apart maybe you'll get a sob story from me. {If that happens, please feel free to remind me of this post and tell me to get over it.} It's three weeks. We spent the first 6 months of our relationship apart. We know married couples that spend the whole year apart. I can suck it up.

It's almost midnight and I think I'll sleep just fine tonight. The last two seasons spent in Europe have prepared me thoroughly for this day these next two weeks.

We're like a well oiled machine now. 

Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online