What I Ate Wednesday


I set a goal awhile back to have one full meatless week before I turned the big 3-0. It seemed like it would be tough since Matt is, like most men, quite the meat lover. Ribs, chicken, pork loin, steak, burgers, you name it, we're having it. It has come to a point where a big cut of chicken or beef is just not that appealing to me. On the flip side, I can't imagine never eating a cheese burger again. I just can't commit to something like that.


However, the idea of dedicating one week of my life to being vegetarian seemed like it was more than doable. That is why #6 of my 30 before 30 is "Take Meatless Monday a little far. A meatless week!" 


Matt left today for France. Due to a very ridiculous set of circumstances I was not able to go. So basically all those posts I wrote about going to Rouen for the Continental Cup...lies. However this did lead me to the conclusion that with Matt gone having a meatless week is totally possible. So today I embarked on that journey and have, so far, come out on top.


Now, you may wonder why this is one of my goals. It's just a health thing. Nothing too "animal rights activist"-ish, or "I'm the new tree-hugger"-thing. I've followed Meatless Monday for awhile now. I like where they stand in terms of saving the planet, energy consumption, health benefits, and, okay, a bit of animal rights too, and I've had many meatless days over the past 2 years. I must admit, I do feel slightly more weighed down when I go a few days in a row eating meat at almost every meal. Meat has started to lose its appeal and I can honestly say that I want it less and less as the months go by. I highly encourage everyone to try just one day a week without it, you can't know how something affects you until you try! But, for real, make your own decisions.


Side bar ::: I read this article on the NY Times (which is quickly becoming my favorite news read) about meat consumption. "We're Eating Less Meat. Why?" It's interesting, informative, and the final sentence is exactly what I had for dinner tonight. :::


So back to What I Ate Wednesday. At the start of my meatless week, and now coming to the end of the first day, I feel completely satisfied, full but not stuffed, and know that today contained no where near the variety of foods I could have the rest of this week. Serious, check out some meatless recipes and see just how much you're able to do. You just might surprise yourself.
I'll keep you updated while I make my way towards a meatless week, showing you everything I eat along the way. My guess is I'm going to feel great after a full week without meat. I already feel awesome after just one day without it. Maybe you'll even make the decision to join me for just one meatless day. Possibly this Monday? They don't just call it Meatless Monday because they both start with an "M" ... okay, that's definitely why, but there are also many other good reasons to begin your week with a resolution.


Onto some late-night yoga (the best), Pretty Little Liars, and cuddle time with Lucy. Happy Hump Day. Your week is almost through!
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online