So Run, Baby, Run

{via Pinterest}
This comes as a shocker to most, but doesn't bother me in the least. When I run ... I do not listen to music. I know, right?

I no longer own an iPod (unless you count my husband's), I have approximately 6 songs on my iTunes (all Christmas), and half the time I don't even know what's new anymore. Being in Italy keeps you out of the music loop. Sorry kids. It's true. I have come to no longer need the tunes to keep me going and have even started enjoying my runs without it.

My reasons for this are completely circumstantial. They did not come about because of a specific preference, something I read, heard, or made up in my own head. Although I must admit that Italian drivers terrify me, they do not move over when they see someone running, and I firmly believe that if I wear headphones hear while running I will be hit by a car, never to be seen again. Too dramatic? You come over here and give it a try. See how dramatic I am then!

I do love me some beats while on the dreadmill though. {That's dread + treadmill. See what I did there?} About this time last year I began to frequent the Vojens, Denmark gym almost daily. Running a race in Summer 2011 became a dream I began pushing myself toward. It was actually cold there, unlike Asiago right now, and there was snow covering the ground, again, unlike Asiago right now. Weather like this makes running indoors a must, so I climbed onto the dreadmill, plugged my Skullcandy Earbuds into the screen and started my slow and steady pace.

Lucky for me Denmark's MTV station actually played music. It wasn't a plethora of ill-advised early adults running around the Jersey shore that were frequenting the screen, it was actual music. All. Almost. All. Day. Long. This was awesome! I could go to the gym anytime and pretty much have a guarantee that music videos would be playing. This was perfect. Have you ever seen an out of shape, super lazy girl in a music video? No. They're all ridiculously hot and their bodies are part of the 5% of women who never have to do anything extra to make the rest of the world jealous. And so I ran.

Taio Cruz and his lovely ladies became my favorite song to run to and since it was huge and basically on repeat, I was never at the gym without it.
It's a great beat to keep up with, it's motivation to want to look better, plus it's just a pretty decent song and that's exactly what you need.

Even if I'm not following this myself, I highly recommend finding some great music to keep you going if you're spending a lot of time at the gym on any of the cardio machines, or if you're in a "safe" place where running while listening to music would not endanger your life. A lot of people put fitness and health at the top of their New Year's Resolutions so why not make it fun and enjoyable while you're sweating off that little extra. So here you go, my list of "Top 10 Running Songs" (as of January 2012 -- because hey, you need to switch it up a bit come February, and that includes your workout!):


  1. Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit)
  2. David Guetta - Where Them Girls At
  3. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
  4. LMFAO - Sexy and I Know It
  5. Mac Miller - Knock Knock
  6. The All American Rejects - Move Along
  7. Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
  8. Britney Spears - Toxic
  9. Sak Noel - Loca People (What the F***)
  10. Die Atzen Frauenarzt and Manny Marc - Disco Pogo
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online