{Fall} Into Place

I get into these moods sometimes where I just can't stop thinking about how nice it would be to go home, to my own home. Which we don't have by the way. We can't really bring ourselves to buy any type of permanent landing space when we're not really sure where we want to land in the first place.

I'm sure I've written at least one other post similar to this before. Talking about all the things I wish I could have. The things that I, someday, want to do to make my home feel, well, homey. I didn't dream of my wedding day, I dreamt of my home. The ivory, distressed cabinets, wood floors, and color schemes. The dishes and silverware, throws for the couch, paint colors, and even how I would store my food. I've always loved being able to see pastas and rices, beans or spices. Long before it was cool.

I'm on that kick again. I'm a sucker for Southern Living or Better Homes and Garden. I love Elle Decor, Veranda, and House Beautiful; and don't get me started on the Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Restoration Hardware, or Ballard Designs catalogues. Those are just to taunt me.

What are you supposed to do though? When you live 8 months a year in a country far, far away from the one you call home. When the other 4 months a year are spent packing and unpacking so that you can make sure you've visited both of your friends and family.

October always makes me think I should be in a place where seasons really do occur, every year. I miss the pumpkins, the caramel apples, leaves changing colors, even the haunted houses and hayrides, and college football. Man, it's been a long time since I've watched a game.

I want to decorate my house in Fall colors. Decorate my house in general. I bring a few items over with me each year to make it feel a bit more like home. But a few pictures in frames, dish towels with an "M", and bath towels hardly cure my longing for a proper home.

So instead I search tirelessly through internet sites for ideas I can one day make my own. I feel like Sundays should be a day where you indulge in something you love. I would truly love to spend today putting these little touches into our apartment here. But I just can't. No point in spending the money on something you may never see again, right? I guess I'm supposed to say "Right" here.
{via}
{via}
{via}
{via}

Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online