The Pin-Up

I spent a lot of time pinning lately. Which was well overdue because I had been completely neglecting the art for days. Today I spent most of my time perusing beautiful pictures of couches, chaise lounges, dining tables and ottomans. Then what do you think popped up when I clicked "View More Pins"?
Wait. What? I'm not a sailor! Gosh, I'm confused. How did this get in there with my furniture choices? No matter. I've always sort of loved those old school pin-up girls. They're pretty hot, actually. Not in a weird way either. They really are beautiful pictures of a time when it was really much simpler.

They started back in the 20s. Ready for your history lesson? A generation known to be a little more provocative and one that would push the limits. These womens' mothers would just lose it if there was a little bit of ankle showing. But they didn't care. It was cool. This new era of thinking (and, well, viewing) was all over Esquire and Cosmopolitan magazines by the 30s. Calendar girls were hung up in garages and workshops all over the country.

When the war started it was the new craze. GI's would take photos with them wherever they were stationed. Bettie Grable and Rita Hayworth were folded up and stuffed into shirt pockets or tacked to locker doors. They were even painted on the planes!

Now, this isn't meant to be a total history lesson, although I do find this stuff pretty cool. But coming across these images makes me (and I'm sure many others) think about what the F has happened to girls today?
Really Tila Tequila? Really? You named yourself after a drink that makes people vomit. You know what else you could have named yourself? If you wanted it to rhyme? Tila Coprophilia. Look it up.
I used to think you were super cool Christina. Then your dirrty became less about not showering much (which you didn't do at this time -- and I'm totally okay with) and more about awkward-to-talk-about sexual innuendos.
Oh, Lindsay. Right now I can't tell if you're drunk sleep walking or if that's what your face really looks like. P.S. Tell Vanessa Minnillo to let go of your shirt. No one wants to see your mangled bod.
Thank you, Lindsay. Now this is much better. So much more like the classic pin-up we're looking for. Too bad you're sort of in jail now. And you're still mangled.

Even after all of that. Sometimes our generation gets it right. These are so much better, ladies. Well done.
Hayden Panettiere
Kristen Bell (a favorite of my husband's)
Isla Fisher - or is this Amy Adams? I can never tell.
Of course, Dita Von Teese.
It's actually quite nice to see one of today's most loved hated known celebrities reality TV stars trying to class up her act a bit.
You go, Snooki! Leave a little bit to the imagination and poof that hair and you'll have girls all over America loving you and saying, "That Snooki sure has it all figured out!"
For the love of God, Snooki! Right after I complimented you. FOR F*#%S SAKE!
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online