It's All So Exciting

The last few days I have been doing some majorly exciting things. Let me explain ...

Matt and the rest of HC Asiago left for Herning, Denmark on Wednesday morning around 6 AM to go battle it out in the first round of the IIHF Continental Cup 2011/12.
Each year the champions from the leagues here in Europe play in a tournament called the Continental Cup.  It's sort of the IIHF's way of determining who is just out right the best team in all of Europe. Last year while playing for Sonderjyske in Denmark, Matt and his team took the trip to (none other than) Asiago for the first round of the tournament. They won this round and headed to Belarus for the Super Final where they placed 3rd. Not bad.

Asiago won their league again last year and so Matt was able to go to (seriously) Denmark this past weekend for the first round of this year's Continental Cup. Pretty stinky that he didn't get a totally new country on his list for this tournament but it's okay.

This means that I have been left all alone for 6 days now and he doesn't return again until tomorrow evening. I wanted to make the most of this time, not just sit around the house sulking that my husband is gone. Actually, I don't ever do that. I sleep diagonal in bed, but in his spot (hahaa) and Lucy gets her own spot and pillow. I also get to watch whatever shows/movies I want while he's away. Cook whatever I want, clean and have it actually stay clean, sleep in until whenever and have plenty of girls nights!

I was pretty lucky that I got to spend Thanksgiving with some great people. It wasn't exactly a typical Thanksgiving, but it was awesome! I even got to decorate a bit for Christmas. We wanted to do something awesome while the boys were away too so that resulted in a girls TRIP!

Friday morning we set off for Ljubljana, Slovenia! {Pronounce that sucker: Loo-bee-yana} We met up with some girls from the team there, had some Thai food for dinner, headed out to the bar for the night and had an awesome time!
At TOP bar!
Saturday we woke up and decided to set out on the town and see everything we could. We grabbed some McDonald's, shopped the five story H&M, and headed up to the Ljubljana Castle. My camera died there but I got a few good ones before it did.
I tried some Slovenian beer:
Saw a movie in ENGLISH!
We even found ourselves a City Park, where I bought some avocados, sriracha, sweet and sour sauce, Toffifee, and a surprise for Matthew! I'd say it was a successful trip. Until we get a fine for 150 euro because we forgot to get a highway toll pass. Oops!

It was an awesome girls trip, that's for sure. We returned late Saturday night and decided we wanted to keep the eventful weekend going by having a legitimate Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday! We ordered a 15 pound turkey, made appetizers, stuffing, mashed potatoes, carrots and pumpkin pie!

We actually had to pluck the turkey a bit, clean it, gut it, and all that fun stuff before we could cook it. Tina the Turkey was quite gross but it had to be done. Along the way I may or may not have played with her a bit.
Here Tina tries to fly away..
I also may have said something along the lines of feeling like a gynecologist and got my picture taken for that but that one isn't available for viewing. Sorry, folks. Here's how Thanksgiving turned out:
It was delicious! Last night was also the final game of the Continental Cup. We were lucky to find a live game sheet to watch after dinner while we sipped some Brulé alla Mela! And guess what! THEY WON!!
Guess where the Super Finals are this year: Rouen, France. Just one and a half hours away from Paris! I'm thinking a few days in Paris then head up to watch the tournament. What do you think?

Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online