Stars (Blast From the Past Entry)

Another poem by yours truly. I think it's a bit more upbeat than the ones I've posted in the past (here and here). It's one of my favorites.



Wednesday, June 21, 2006
---------------------------

Current mood: calm

Here's a poem that I wrote a couple of months ago. Please let me know what you think. It's regarding my fear of being hurt by anybody that I may get close with. I can imagine the voice of Mira Furlan (from Babylon 5) reading it aloud. The third to last line is actually right from the fifth season of Babylon 5.



Stars

The sun went down on my world,
Covering me in darkness.
Blackest pitch, deepest hurt,
Unprotected in the night.

A new star shines in the darkness,
Go to the star, reach for it.
No! Stay away from that star!
It can scorch me, burn me.

The promise of warmth,
The threat of fire.
I want to reach out,
But I fear the flames.

I must find my own light once again,
Be the brightest star in my sky.
Soon, I too can be a star,
And then...we can fly.


Currently listening:
Oracle
By Kittie
Release date: 13 November, 2001
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online