Another Journey to North Carolina (Blast From the Past Entry)

For whatever reason, I didn't document my trip to to North Carolina this time around. Perhaps it was rather uneventful. It's now three years later to the date (!!!), and I can't remember anything about this trip. When I mention that "a lot has happened recently," that was all about Tee and I breaking up. It was all for the better though, since Nikki and I started our whirlwind romance less than a month later. I can't wait to get to those entries!



Friday, October 13, 2006
-------------------------

Current mood: contemplative



I'm heading down to North Carolina today after work, in a few minutes actually. It's been three months since I've been there. I would usually go every two months, but due to all the unexpected expenses that happened over the last two months, I was unable to go. I'm actually looking forward to the drive. It'll give me time to sort out my thoughts and feelings. I got this car charger for my iPod Nano that doubles as a amplifier to hook it up to the cassette deck in my car. Unfortunately, I had to buy the "fake cassette" thing separately. But I tried it last night, and it works perfectly. Instead of bringing a big garbage bag full of CD's, I have it all on this tiny Ipod. I can definitely fit more than 18 hours of music on it, which is how much time the round-trip journey will take me. I will probably be spending some time in silence though. A lot has happened recently, and I really have to sort some things out.



Of course, I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter even more! She's my little munchkin! I yearn for those childhood days, when everything was so simple. I had my parents, food and drink for when I was hungry or thirsty, a bed for when I was tired, and countless toys and games. But as you grow up, you acquire different needs and wants. These are not often fulfilled to satisfaction. But am I going to whine and complain and feel bad for myself? No.

I had a scary thing happen to me when I looked at my check this morning. I was missing about $100 from my check! There were regular hours and overtime hours missing! They had mad a mistake with the payroll, can you believe that? I tried to see if my employer could possibly deposit the missing money into my account, but no... they could only send me a check. When of course, I won't be home. And if they sent it to the hotel, who knows if it would get there before I check out (which will be by 10 AM on Monday)? But luckily, I managed to borrow the money from a friend, which I will of course return once I get that check. Whew!

I am worried about my car. It's been overheating, and apparently the tear or rip in the hose to the radiator is getting bigger. I fill the radiator with water every day now, and I can always fit 6 ounces or more into that thing. I don't drive a lot during the week, so I'm going to have to fill it with water every 3 hours, at least. Next week, I'll take it to be serviced, but right now I don't have the time or money. I'll take my risks and make the trip, so that I don't disappoint my daughter again.

I'll be offline until Tuesday morning, so I'll talk to you guys next week. I hope all of you have a nice weekend.
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online