Let's Get It Started

Today marks the first regular season game for Asiago! Let's go ... SUPERMERCATI!! Actually I don't have a clue what our team mascot or name is. I know that we're HC Asiago and we're yellow. Well, sometimes we're yellow. I'm not sure what other color we are yet. But I'll find out soon! I won't be in the dark for much longer. I apologize.

Based on this logo I bet we're the lions. HC Asiago Lions. Rawr.
Oh, and we're red. But I found this logo after I wrote that first paragraph.
I've been here for just under a week now and I'm finally starting to get my bearings. I'm finding my way around town without a guide, our internet is (obviously) working, Lucy has gone right back to her playful self (yes, Cincinnati was way too hot for her this summer), and after kicking most of this cold I woke up decently early and went for my first run in a week.

Last year I got sick and did everything I could to push through the pain and still workout. I found this to be a very bad idea. For me. Or at least for that specific sickness. If you're not quite sick yet, a good sweat could get all of that bad bacteria out of you, if you're already sick you will probably just wear yourself down even more. That's what I did. So from that point I have tried to let my body, and immune system, rest while I'm sick and not push myself too hard. Today was the perfect day to get back into it.

I went for about 25 minutes. I'm not sure how far but I kept it at a decent pace and just wound my way through the streets of town. I figured if I got lost it would just add a bit of distance. I found the closest recycling bins to our place, I now know at least three different ways to get to our street and a quicker way to get to our friends' apartment. I can find all four Euro Stores on my own now (it's their dollar store!) and can get to the arena all by myself. I feel accomplished.

Add some abs and lunges into the end of that little run and I'm definitely doing something good on this Saturday morning. I even got a relaxing bath afterward. Considering that's all you're able to take in this place.
Yep. This is our tub and slanted ceiling!
It's pre-game though right now and Matty is settling in. Most hockey players have their rituals. Some are ridiculous about the order in which things must be done on game day: what exactly they eat, whether they nap at 1 p.m. or 2 p.m., and if that nap lasts only 32 minutes or one hour and 30 minutes.

I'm lucky. Matty isn't quite like that. Of course he likes pasta and meat to get his carbs and protein in for the day. You can't work as hard, and sweat as much, as they do without prepping your body with the right food. But it can be whatever he feels like, or what we happen to have in the house. Yes, he does like to nap, but I'm totally allowed to nap with him (which I've come to find is a rare occasion). He even lets Lucy join. He doesn't mind. His day isn't down to the minute with rituals. It's just supposed to be relaxing so he's not tired when game time rolls around.

I feel bad for the women who have to deal with an overzealous pre-game player. I applaud you on your patience. It's something that, I'm sure, you've dealt with forever and think of as just another day. Maybe it's good I came around the hockey world when I did. If Matt made me creep around the house all day so as not to disturb him, or leave the house entirely, I would have told him to beat it! But maybe that's what he gets for being with an American.

Yep. I'll pull that card.
I don't think Carrie got to nap with Mike on this day.
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online