Life in Michigan (Blast From the Past Entry)

This was written about a month and a half after we moved to Michigan. Things still seemed good at this point, or that they would become good. Little did I know, I would never obtain a job here, in almost three years of trying. I've worked all my life, from 1988 to 2007, with only two or three months between jobs at times.

It wasn't long after this entry that we started having problems with the neighbors (people pulling knives on each other right outside our door!), and that Nikki's mother started sending Child Protective Services (and the cops!) on us with made-up stories, like we have the kids go out in the snow with shorts and a t-shirt and no coat on. I mean, what???

This is the last of my old MySpace blogs. I do have some more "blasts from the pasts" though. We'll be going to back to 2002 to take another look at how all this started... "finding myself," that is.



Wednesday, September 26, 2007
-------------------------------------
Current mood: excited

Nikki just got a job! She's working for the school district out here. She actually just left for her first day, about an hour ago! I'm so proud of her! She'll be working this Wednesday through Friday as a substitute teacher for a high school special ed class. Yay!!! She's so nervous, but I really think she'll do fine.


This is my first blog since I moved to Michigan. Everyone is wondering how I'm doing here. I actually do like it here at my new home! I love our apartment, and the neighborhood is really similar to Long Island. Some will think that a good thing, and some will think that's not so good. For me, it's good because I've lived on Long Island all my life. I think I need a little familiarity. It wasn't easy just leaving my job(s) and my friends and just coming out here. But I'm really happy. I'm with the love of my life, and I'm free to be me!

Skylar (our youngest) lives with us. She's 16 months old. The two older ones are going to be joining us as of December 3rd. The court ordered that they go through some kind of "adjustment period." I can't see how that's going to work. They were ready to move out here with us. They would've been starting school in the fall like everyone else. Now they will be going to school in New York for three months, and then being uprooted to a new school in December. Well, when they do get here, all this crap will be over with.

I haven't been on any interviews yet, but I've applied at a lot of places. I can't find any computer/IT jobs out here, but there are more of them in Detroit. Detroit isn't that far for a commute, but I have to fix my car first. I'm having a problem with the brakes. I think the rotors need to be replaced. I have to watch Skylar for a few weeks anyway, until Nikki gets her first check. We have no money right now for daycare or a babysitter. I don't mind though. Skylar is so adorable, and I love her like she was my own.

We found an LGBT center about a half hour from us, called Affirmations. This place is really big. It has three floors, with a library. It's the largest center of it's kind in Michigan, and one of the 10 largest in the US. I feel rather lucky that we moved so close to it. They have so many support groups and events going on there.


Did I mention I love our apartment? I love our dishwasher! We bought a computer desk and an entertainment center at a thrift store for about $30 each! We got a bunkbed from Freecycle for the two older kids. We also picked up an artificial Christmas tree already. We have three months to work on ornaments and presents (LOL). Our place is really starting to look like a real apartment now. We just need the rest of our stuff from the storage unit in New York. We need $800 for that. Ugh.

Anyway, we're really happy here. It's like heaven to go to sleep next to my sweetheart and then wake up in the morning to see her beautiful face. I can't wait to hear how her day went! In the meantime, I'm going to see if I can get another hour or two of sleep. If I can even relax enough to fall asleep. I'm so excited and happy for my baby today!

Currently listening:
What I’ve Done
By Linkin Park
Release date: 14 May, 2007
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online