Turkey Day

This is a late report, but I haven't had a chance to blog about this until now. Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful! I seriously think that it's the best I've ever had. And that says a lot, with my past of going over to my grandparents' house for dinner that day, or my aunt and uncle's house, or even when my parents made a Thanksgiving supper and invited packs of relatives over.

Nikki found a recipe for turkey online, and improvised a bit, borrowing an idea or two from a show we watched on The Cooking Channel. To a 14 pound turkey, she added a sliced apple, a sliced orange, an onion, and she also stuffed rosemary and chives under the skin of the turkey. As an aside, I don't know how anyone can do that - just cram stuff under the skin of a dead bird... yechh! Nikki did get Sarah to help since she was a bit grossed out as well!

The turkey was so delicious! The flavor just burst in our mouths. I recommend using rosemary at the very least. It makes the meat taste and smell so good. I tried a piece of apple as well. It no longer tasted anything like an apple. If I hadn't known that Nikki had stuffed an apple in the turkey, I would've asked her what kind of vegetable that was. It was quite yummy!

We also made stuffing - standard by-the-box recipe. Nikki made a truckload of mashed potatoes, homemade. No boxed flakes here, just potatoes (sliced up with the skins left on them - I love it like that!), butter and milk. She made yams with those marshmallows in them. I can't stand that stuff, so there was more for everyone else, ha ha! We heated up some corn as well.

I made one thing that really hit it off well. Homemade cranberry sauce. I took a bag of cranberries, threw them in a pot, and added sugar and water. Once heated up for 5 minutes, they were ready. Oh wow, they were delicious! You know, I hate that cranberry sauce that you can buy in a can. It's disgusting, and I always passed it by every year. But wow, you have to try this! If you buy a bag of cranberries, there's probably a recipe on the bag. If not, just add a cup or two of water, sugar to taste, and wait five minutes or until the cranberries have all burst open. Sooo good! Never mind the canned crap.

So that was our Thanksgiving dinner. We had leftovers for four days, and that was with ravenous eating!

Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online