"I Lost 13 Pounds in 5 Weeks!" (Diet From the Past Entry)

Yes, the title sounds like a weight-loss ad. I meant to do that.  :P



Five weeks ago, I started the Special K diet. I would have a regular dinner, and two Special K protein bars for the other two meals. I would snack on raw vege's and fruit if I got hungry between meals. Yes, I lost 13 pounds. I went from about 165 pounds to 152. Now before you hate me... well, this may make you hate me more... yeah, if you're transgendered, you probably will... I am 5'5" and I have a somewhat small frame. It would be small for a man anyway, and about medium for a woman. My BMI (body mass index) at 165 pounds was 27.5, which is just overweight for my height. My BMI now is 25.3. Just over the border there. A year ago, I was 140 pounds (23.3 BMI, the upper end of normal weight), and in some of my pics back in late 2003/2003 (I know I have some scantily-clad pics of me somewhere around here... ah yes, here they are!) was 130 pounds (21.6 BMI, which puts me right in the middle of my target weight). Luckily, I inherited a lot of genes from my mother's side of the family. They're all small-boned and skinny! My uncles are pretty tall, so thank goodness some of my Aunt Kathryn's or Aunt Ann-Louise's height helixes just passed on to me.


(This is my current weight and BMI.)

I'm out of Special K bars now, and I don't have enough money to buy a month's supply ($55 at Meijer!), so I'm doing a three-day diet. Some of you may have heard of this one, supposedly from the Miami Heart Institute. Some have claimed that it either didn't work, or the weight came back right away. Well, it worked for me, and I remained at my weight for over a year... your mileage may vary. They give you specific things to eat, and specific instructions of how much to eat. I did this diet a little over three years ago, and I lost eight pounds! In three days! I ran through the diet a week later, but only lost four pounds the second time. I believe I was about 140 pounds when I did this three years ago. Maybe I'll lose more this time, since there's more to lose? (I tend to think it works that way.)


Anyway, here's the diet. This is sort of a "blast from the past" entry, but I'm only reprinting the diet info this time. After reading all this, it would be rather monotonous to include what I was thinking back then. It was much the same!

If anyone tries this diet, I would be really interested to see how you fare. Leave me a comment, or write your own blog entry about it, and give me a heads-up. Good luck to any who give it a shot!

Oh yeah... I hate beets with a passion. I thought I was going to throw up for awhile there. I have to eat them again on Monday night.  :*(

Here's a link to a PDF file with the same basic info below. It would print out rather nicely:
http://www.cat-p.com/miamidiet.pdf



Miami Heart Institute
4701 North Meridan Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Phone: (305) 672-1111

MUST BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY - Lose 10 lbs. in 3 days

FIRST DAY:

Breakfast: Black coffee or tea, 1/2 grapefruit, 1 slice of toast, 2 tbls. of peanut butter
Lunch: 1/2 cup of tuna (4 oz.), 1 slice of toast, black coffee or tea
Dinner: Slices of any type of meat (3 oz.), 1 cup of string beans, 1 cup of beets, 1 small apple, 1 cup of vanilla ice cream

SECOND DAY:

Breakfast: 1 egg, 1/2 banana, 1 slice of toast, black coffee or tea
Lunch: 1 cup of cottage cheese, 5 saltine crackers, black coffee or tea
Dinner: 2 hot dogs, 1 cup of broccoli, 1/2 cup of carrots, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream

THIRD DAY:

Breakfast: 5 saltine crackers, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 1 small apple, black coffee or tea
Lunch: 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 slice of toast, black coffee or tea
Dinner: 1 cup of tuna (8 oz.), 1 cup of beets, 1 cup of cauliflower, 1/2 cantaloupe, 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream

Diet works on chemical breakdown and is proven. Do not vary or subsititute any of the above foods. Salt and pepper may be used. No other seasonings. Where no quantities are given, there are no restrictions other than common sense. This is to be used 3 days at a time.

In 3 days you will lose 10 lbs. After 3 days you can eat normal food but do not overdo it. After 4 days of normal eating, start back on your 3-day diet. You can lose up to 40 lbs. in a month if you stick to it.
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online