Nikki and Amy's Four Year Anniversary!

November 5th marked four years for Nikki and I. Wow. Four years. It went by so quickly. It seems more like two or something. The amazing thing is that we love each other as much as ever, in fact... more! We're still mega-affectionate, sweet, romantic, and loving toward each other. I'd heard that once you pass the three year mark, you've passed the test of time. I guess we made it, baby!

We had many choices regarding where we'd like to go out to eat. With nobody to watch the kids, we decided to go to lunch while the older two were in school, and Skylar was in preschool (a two hour window). We thought about Thai food (love it!), Chinese, and a few other places. We decided on BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse, after being tantalized by all the interesting dishes available for viewing online.

Interestingly enough, there was a waiting list for lunch! All these people must've been on vacation, or they work nights or something. The place was so packed. It was about a 15 minute wait. Once seated, Nikki ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri, which was not sweet at all. It had a sour taste. Not that good. I ordered a strawberry lemonade, which was pretty bland. It was warm in the glass, but the ice soon cooled it. For an appetizer, we shared these chicken lettuce wraps. Here's a pic from the online menu:


Neither of us had ever had a lettuce wrap before, and these were good. The description on the website reads: "Marinated chicken breast diced and sautéed with mushrooms, water chestnuts, celery, green onions, garlic and topped with crispy wontons. Served with chilled iceberg lettuce cups, sesame soy sauce and hot Chinese mustard." The latter two ingredients were on the side, and we didn't avail ourselves of them. The rest was really good! Tangy, but not overly spicy.

For the main course, Nikki got Atlantic salmon with rice pilaf and steamed vegetables. She loved it. It came on this unusually-shaped dish.


I decided to get the nachos for an entree, though it's meant to be a shared appetizer. To be precise, it's called Piranha Pale Ale Nachos. It featured cheese, tomatoes, green onions, olives, sour cream, salsa and jalapeños. The salsa tasted like tomato sauce, unfortunately. They put oregano in it for some strange reason. Other than that, the nachos were really good, and no I did not eat them all in one sitting!


The waiter was very cool about taking our picture. I even told him it was our anniversary. We have no interesting stories like during our last anniversary meal, but there was one teenage girl who kept staring at us. We smiled at her, and she stopped looking as much. You know when people look all around, and then at you, to make you think they're looking at everything, not just you? That's what she did, and it was indeed pretty obvious. Funny, though.

 Nachos. Yummmmmmy!

Om nom nom nom.

Anyway, I'm so thrilled at the completion of another wonderful year with my honey. It was a pretty eventful one. We moved to another state, Nikki got a new job, and we made a whole slew of new, cool friends out here. I don't know what I'd do without my sweetie. She completes me. She makes me happy just by my being around her. She's my soulmate, my lover, and my treasure. Here's to another year!
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online