Gender Reassignment Surgery

People have all sorts of labels for this surgery. Gender Reassignment Surgery (GRS), Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS), Sex Realignment Surgery... this list goes on and on. The surgery (and the quest) is the same: To change one's physical sex to match the gender that they are inside.

The surgery is pretty expensive, and hard to come by in America, due to very little medical coverage that would cover it (it's a crap shoot really). It's been over seven years since I started HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy). I'd really planned on having the surgery done by now. Alas, plans and reality don't always agree. I could not imagine how happy I would be if I had this surgery. There's a part of me that just never belonged. I never wanted it. I went from apathetic about it (before 2003) to being disgusted about it (2003 or after). It's the final step in my transition... one that I wonder if I'll ever take.

Someone has intimated lately that I'm fine with what I have between my legs, and that I wouldn't want to "fix it if it's not broken." Shockingly, this is someone who is a transsexual herself. There's always one in a bunch that make you scratch your head and go, "Huh???"

It is not broken. It works fine on a man. But I'm not a man. I want it gone, replaced by what should be there. I don't want to worry about a bulge. I don't want to look in the mirror anymore and see this nasty thing. I want it gone!


Through shameless self-promotion, I've been looking for donations. I have gotten a few, to whom I am eternally grateful. I understand that in this time of hardship, most people can't help me out in this way, even if they might be so inclined. I wouldn't blame anyone for not even having the inclination. But maybe my call for help will reach one of the four (or so) people in this world who still manage to have more money than they know what to do with. Maybe.


I've had the donation gadget on the sidebar of this blog since it started. Since Blogger introduced "pages" not too long ago, I've added a "Donate" page. (I also increased the font and such to make the pages easier to catch the eye.)

I also have a "cause" on a Facebook app called... Causes. It's a pretty selfish cause, but hey it has to be better than "Expand FarmVille Crops" or some such. Then again, that benefits many, while my cause benefits only me. Nonetheless, I've recruited just over 180 people so far, and gotten a few encouraging messages. The Causes app originates from outside of Facebook, so if you'd like to check it out for any reason, here's the link:

http://www.causes.com/amygrs

I've heard a couple stories of transwomen who have gotten large sums of money to help pay for their GRS. All they did was put up a website with a link for donations. Maybe I'll get lucky too...?

Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online