Stress... and a Way Out?

Nikki and I have been under so much stress lately. Yes, this isn't exactly a "happy blog," but neither will I do the "Oh woe is me routine."

I'm not working, and Nikki has been unable to work, due to the broken rib incident. It's now been four weeks, and she still can't pick up Skylar without enduring intense pain. Her job as a substitute teacher for emotionally and/or physically handicapped children requires quite a bit of lifting of said children. She should be able to go back to work in two weeks or so (I hope), but in the meantime, bills have fallen by the wayside. We've had our cellphone service cancelled, our cable/internet service cancelled, and now we have eight days to pay our overdue rent (over $1000) or be evicted.







I thought we had to be served an eviction notice at that point, and then we had thirty days to move out. Well, not here. We have 24 hours after March 5th, maybe more if the court is busy and doesn't get around to it for a day or two.

This is a bit less dire than what I've written so far. The manager of the complex is willing to work with us to set up a payment program, within limits. So we won't necessarily have to pay the full amount, but rather some as-yet-undetermined partial amount. Also, we filed for state emergency relief (SER) today. They should be able to pay at least some of the amount due, but will they be able to do so within eight days? Two of those days are non-business days as well. We originally had ten days, but we found that we had to give them copies of all our utility bills for six months (heat, electric, phone, internet (if that counts), car payments (ditto)), and copies of Nikki's paychecks and such. That took another day to locate the bills we still had, and print out the rest from the various companies' websites.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been on a really short fuse lately. Everything is usually fine with me, but I can't handle any added stress. I just crash and burn. Mostly I feel intense anger first, then sadness second. That's really not like me. I also have a history of seasonal depression. I despise the cold. I'm not too fond of wearing heavy clothes, dry skin, staticky hair, etc. Okay, very "not fond" there! I had my winter depression a lot worse last year, but it's still affecting me to a certain point. I try to do things I like to feel better, like reading, playing Facebook apps and other games, dressing pretty when I go out, and other such things. I can't wait for the temperature to start rising again. We're getting there!


Speaking of hating the cold, we're looking to get out of Michigan. It's not any colder here than New York (born and raised), but hey, I still hate the cold! Nikki has sent resumes out to 14 school districts in Arizona. Yes, Arizona! Where we know nobody (except for Lori... hi Lori!), and is over 2000 miles away from us. Nikki has also sent a few resumes to Atlanta, Georgia. From what we've heard, it's the most gay friendly southern state. Gay marriage isn't legal there, but I can "second-parent-adopt" our kids if something happened to their father. Little things like that are always nice (and I mean both the adoption thing, and something happening to their father. LOL!).


So we'll see. Just getting out there, and moving our stuff, and doing it all over with getting the kids doctors and therapists, getting them in school and the various special programs they need (if they have them down there), well it's daunting to say the least. I know it won't be easy, but nothing worth fighting for ever is.
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online