It's Time to Knock on Wood! (Blast From the Past Entry)

Here's another old MySpace blog, continuing the retelling of me and Nikki's first year together. The apartment I mentioned below didn't pan out. After waiting all that while (and having the landlord make two alterations to the apartment), they pulled out, leaving us back where we started. The landlord was pissed, as were we... and devasted, to boot.

You can still send positive energy our way though. One can never have enough of that!



Friday, March 02, 2007
-----------------------

Current mood: hopeful



This is partly copied from part of a letter to a friend, so hey if this looks familiar to you, then you might be that friend. :P

Keep your fingers crossed for Nikki and I! I looked at an apartment last night. This landlord will actually take payments from DSS (Department of Social Services). It's kind of an old house, but it's clean and has big rooms and lots of closet space. One bedroom for the kiddies, one bedroom for the two sweethearts, and a living room. We'll have free use of a washer and dryer, and heat is included in the rent. The rent is pretty cheap too. The area looks okay. I had the landlord fill out a form for DSS, and I gave him a small deposit just so he would hold the place for us while DSS processes the paperwork.



Also, yesterday I filled out some information online, to have Nikki's certification for teaching to be mailed to my parents' house (where I'm still living for now). Nikki just got her Masters in Childhood Education. I'm so proud of my angel! Once she gets out of the safehouse, she can look for a job as a teacher, and then we won't have to bother with DSS anymore. I would be living with her surreptitiously while she's on DSS, because they won't pay for anything with my income figured into the mix.



So we have things going. The apartment will hopefully be approved by DSS in a few weeks' time, the certification will arrive in about two weeks, and Nikki's court date is on March 7th. Nikki and the lawyer will be working out custody, child support and visitation. Being the mother, and she already has custody at this time, I don't see why she wouldn't be awarded custody. He would have to prove that she is unfit to take care of her children, and that's not true at all.

Being apart is so hard for both of us. We're both thinking of each other constantly. I dream about her and the kids all the time. I go to sleep holding one of Nikki's sweaters because it smells of her. Nikki keeps thinking I'll give up on her and/or find somebody else. That would never happen. I can't even imagine myself with anyone but her. She's everything I've ever wanted, and more.

All we want is to be together and for the kids to be happy and safe. Yesterday was a big step towards that goal. Everybody who reads this, please send some positive energy in our direction!


Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online