Flawed and Focused

{via}
This little saying here is exactly the way I feel about my workouts at the moment. Well, always I guess. I'm not perfect, I'm definitely not the best, but I do work as hard as I possibly can to get to my goals.

There was a point in my life where I was in really, really good shape. I worked out six days a week. Always. I usually got one week off over Christmas, that was it. I actually had a purpose for those work outs though so I was in the kind of shape that is useable. It wasn't the "I work out at the gym for 2 hours a day and have crazy big biceps but can't play a sport to save my life" kind of shape either. I may not have that same reasoning for getting in shape now, but I'm making it a point to have a purpose for the strength training and conditioning that I do.

Right now my running is so that I can crush a half marathon with a friend in early May. After that I'm hopefully going to do a few other races this Summer but right now my focus is on this half marathon. It will be my first ever. I've actually only ever run one other race in my life so I'm pretty psyched that my second will be one of this length. Anyone who already does these things is pretty cool in my book so it's awesome to think that in two months I'll have joined the ranks of these people. These are my good intentions.

My flaws? Whew. Right now, if you're one of my awesome Twitter followers you'll have noticed that I'm in pain...a lot lately. After running the race I did this past year I lost a toenail. I wasn't in a ton of pain from it but this time is different. I'm about to lose that same nail as well as one on the other foot. And this time it HURTS! Friday I ran 10k (6.25 miles) for a long run and felt like I needed to tip toe around. More like tip heel around? Today I tried an easy 8k (5 miles) and was literally having trouble walking after. Thank the Lord for stretching after runs. I needed to get off my feet. And quick.

But the whole point is that I'm getting there. Right now my furthest is about half the distance I will eventually run. Not bad for two months out. An injury here and there will happen. I'm not going to let it get my way, or let it stop me completely. I'm training to be fit, healthy, and do kick ass in May!
{via}

Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online