Amy and The Karavan of Kiddos

Coming soon to a theatre near you! Okay, seriously then. What you see to the left is me (duh), with Skylar in this new wagon we got. You see, we only have one car, and it's been malfunctioning quite often. Dropping Nikki off at work and picking her up puts a lot of wear and tear on that old thing... and makes us have to buy gas every three days as well.

Sarah and Savannah's schools won't bus them. Sarah is old enough to walk, but I still have to remind Savannah to look both ways when crossing the street, and not to make a sudden dash across it! I can't leave the youngest one at home, and she can't make the walk yet, especially in this heat. She seems to get overheated very fast. So I pull Skylar, and Savannah walks. It's about a mile and a half to Savannah's school. I drop her off in the morning and go back home. Then I pick her up in the afternoon and we go back home. So we're talking approximately six miles a day. All the while pulling about fifty pounds of weight behind me. Skylar is 30-something pounds, and this wagon is at least 15 pounds, maybe more.

It's a real beast dragging the wagon for all those miles, especially when it's over 100 degrees out. I bring at least a gallon of water with me. Sometimes I pour it on us. On Monday, I made the mistake of making the afternoon trip on an empty stomach. Bad idea. I had to stop right after getting Savannah because I thought I was going to throw up. Now I make sure I eat something! As of yesterday, I added Gatorade to my knapsack of liquid refreshers. It really helped. It also rained the whole way home yesterday afternoon, and I loved that. I was completely cooled off before I walked in the door. No resting in bed needed after that trip.  ;)



I make sure the kids are safe, of course. I found a pink Easter hat for Skylar to wear, and I pour water on her if she seems to be very hot. Skylar gets 70 SPF sunblock on any exposed skin. Savannah only gets half the trip we do, which is much easier. It's always on the way back that I start to become tired or overheated. Savannah complains if I get the car that day (for running errands and going to appointments) and I drive her to school. She prefers to walk. Skylar loves the ride. It's some time spent with just mama (aka Me), and their affections for me have stepped up a notch since we started walking. I don't mind that at all!

The real bonus for me is that it's kicking my ass, but I'm losing weight! I lost three pounds since last week. I've probably sweated enough to fill up a dozen gallon jugs. I make sure to rehydrate constantly, and when we get home, I eat something that'll put the electrolytes back into me.

As it is, people are really going to start recognizing me around here. "There's the woman with the wagon again. Look at `em go!" I try to look my best of course, but it's kind of hard when my face is all red and sweaty, and my hair is pasted to my forehead. All in a day's work, I suppose!
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online