Wish Me Luck! (Blast From the Past Entry)


I'm going to be posting a few "Blasts from the Pasts" in the next few days, reason being that they covered my name change and my experience with that. I was still legally married at the time of this writing, and separated for five years. My divorce was final in October of 2008. My ex-wife still doesn't know that my name had been changed.

I was so excited and thrilled to be changing my name. For a lot of people, this would seem like a nuisance, but oddly enough, I enjoyed every minute of it. Tomorrow's post will tell of how everything went.



Thursday, June 21, 2007
--------------------------

Current mood: excited

I'm going to court tomorrow to put in for my name change! Yay!!!

I've already filled out the petition and the name change order. I have to run to my public storage unit tonight to get the child support order from five years ago. For some reason, they need proof of that, and some kind of statement from me. Tomorrow, I have to run to the ATM and take out some money ($210 in court fees!). Then I have to go to the Port Jefferson Village Hall to get my birth certificate. I get this for a mere pittance of $10. Then I bring everything to the Suffolk County Clerk in Riverhead. They give me an index number, and then I head to the Supreme Court, also in Riverhead. Who knows how long I'll be waiting there, but I either see a judge or he just signs the thing. Then, I have to get something published in a newspaper (probably Newsday) that I'm getting my name changed, and I get some kind of document from the newspaper saying that it was published. I run this back to court and then I'm done!



I'm so excited! I just hope I don't have problems because I am still legally married. Plus, I am changing everything. First, last, even middle name (Jean, chosen by my sweetheart!). Everybody who reads this, please wish me luck and lots of positive thoughts! I'll post again and let all of you know how it went.


Currently listening:
Metamorphosis
By Hilary Duff
Release date: 03 November, 2003
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online