The Latest, or... We Got an Apartment! (Blast From the Past Entry)

Here's another look back at an old MySpace blog. This was such an exciting time. We actually pulled it off and got this apartment ! We've been here for 2 1/2 years now. Wow, it went by so fast!

I mention below that I wasn't allowed to be around the kids. That may be confusing, as I didn't elaborate as to why. The law guardian (as in the kids' lawyer) said that I wouldn't be allowed near them until the court proceeding was over. Since it was unsure as to who would get custody of them (Nikki or her ex), they didn't want them to become "confused." Oh... what about letting them be around their abusive father while they it wasn't known if HE would get custody or not? The whole thing was just so idiotic and so frustrating. I'm so glad that whole ordeal is over.

I did hate the job interviews, but they were harder to come by and proved fruitless when I did get one. I had no idea of the kind of trap I was walking into. I won't give up though. And I would do it all again to be with Nikki and our girls.

I've included a few pics of our apartment that we took when we first moved in. (One of them has a cute Nikki in it!) I thought for a second about taking pics of how things look like now in comparison, but decided otherwise. It's way too messy and cluttered. Anyway, read on...



Wednesday, May 23, 2007
--------------------------

Current mood: cheerful

(Copied from a letter to a friend that I wrote today...)

We found an apartment in Michigan! Last week, we drove for 12-13 hours & rented a motel room, so we could look for an apartment. Everything is so much cheaper there. We co-signed together on an apartment & then we had to go back to NY the next day with our fingers crossed. We just found out the other day that we got it! Yay! We have to go back the weekend after next to sign the lease. Nikki will be staying there, and I'll be coming back to NY for a few months.



This apartment has two bedrooms, a living room, kitchenette, and one & a half bathrooms. It also has a dishwasher, and it's in a community. There's an indoor pool, laundromat and playground on the grounds. The rent is $550 a month! In NY, it would be at least $1600 for all that. Plus, we don't have to pay the full month's rent until the 13th month. For the first two months, it's $400 a month. Then $425 for the third month, $450, etc.



I'm so excited! This is really special to me, because it's the first official thing we've gotten together. Our names are both on the lease. I can't wait to get up there and start really living! But first I have to get caught up with my bills and take care of some other things.



So now Nikki and the kids are at her mother-in-law's house until June 1st. Mr. Asshole keeps coming around. I mean, it is his parents' house. This just sucks so bad. And she can only see me when the mother-in-law feels like watching the kids. Since she can't take the kids with her, because I'm not allowed to be around them! What bullshit!!! The bitch of a mother-in-law has said that I'm not allowed to call the house now. This just happened today. She says that Nikki is sinful because she's seeing me while she's still married. Yet her son has a girlfriend now, and that girlfriend is also married. Can we say "hypocrisy?" No, too tough of a word for that dumb old bitch. How about "double standard?"



Sorry, I just had to vent. It's been almost four months for all this bullshit, and I can't wait for it to be over. I am ready to go to Michigan now. Not financially, but mentally and emotionally. I'm ready. I'll miss my friends a lot, and I hate to go on job interviews and such, but other than that, I can't wait! This will be a fresh new start for me.





Currently listening:
Apollo 18
By They Might Be Giants
Release date: 24 March, 1992
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Sometimes Blonde - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online